Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lock Me Up

I told my friend Jody that I am officially a crazy person. Why you might ask?

After 15 years of dancing, my body has always hated it every time I try to run...my hips, knees, ankles....they REVOLT after about a quarter of a mile. That's just life I suppose.

So I need someone to tell me why I have decided that I am going to train to run a mini. Clearly...I am a crazy person. Only crazy people do things like that....right?

I mean, I have hated running my whole life, and now here I am voluntarily saying I am going to spend time intentionally preparing to run....A LOT. It's kinda humorous I suppose. But this could really be a good thing, because I have discovered since I started running awhile ago that it actually does help relieve stress. People have told me that so many times, and I just didn't believe them (I told them they were crazy....are you sensing the theme???) But then I started running, and wouldn't you know?!?! It really does!

So this is actually good right? Because now I suppose if I get stressed, frustrated, whatever...I can go for a run (which costs me nothing) rather than driving around spending $4.00/gallon.

*Sidebar...I am beyond thrilled that gas is now down to $2.99/gallon.

So....If you think of it, please check in on me. Ask me if I'm running, because I'm pretty sure that unless I have people holding me accountable and pushing me to keep training, I might give up. And I really don't want to. I am determined!

I'll post updates...

2 comments:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

You are a stronger person than I am. I'm not a runner by any means. I'll stick to driving.

Anonymous said...

We definitely share the same feelings about running! I am a hater. Running is my enemy. However, I decided one day out of the blue, just like you, to run the Indy Mini two years ago (what was I thinking?). I ran it with my mom, and it was one of the most gratifying experiences ever. I tell you this only to let you know that honestly, if I can do it, YOU can do it!

And do you have a training program yet? I used Hal Higdon's beginner program, and it worked well. Good luck, keep us posted on your progress!