Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Driving....Myself Crazy

I have a bad habit. (Okay, I have more than one. Don't judge me. But I'm only talking about one right now.) It's not necessarily dangerous to my overall health or well being (although I suppose some could argue that it is). But really it's just probably something that I need to figure out an alternative for. Here it is...

When I am frustrated, down, angry...whatever the case may be...I drive. I get in my car and drive.

I started doing this when I lived in Bloomington (actually, now that I think about it, I probably started it in California, but I took a hiatus when I moved back home senior year....my parents may have killed me had I just taken off. And now that I think about it some more, they are probably reading this. Mom, dad, I always told the Hannah's I was leaving, and I was never gone for long. I usually just drove to the ocean and back. Calm down.) I love you! :)

Anyway, for whatever reason, it calms me down, gives me time to think, pray, sing really loudly in the car where no one else can hear me...I don't know what it is. It just usually helps. However, recently my driving escapades have been taking me up to my parent's house (which is great, because it means I get to spend time with people I love and people who love me. Always a good thing when in a rotten mood.)

Here's my problem though and here's why I think I need to break this habit. GAS IS $4.00 A GALLON. Ok, it has gone down a bit recently, but it's still too expensive to keep this up. So I need something else.

I'm open to suggestions....

Anyone? What do you do to relax, de-stress, escape, work yourself out of a bad mood?

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I just mentioned in a post on Monday that I drive and pray when I get upset. Great minds think alike!!