Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

Because I've been tagged in this on facebook....Here goes.  I may or may not go back and tag people in this on Facebook.  I am still undecided.
  1. I hate being cold.  It is one of the worst feelings in the world to me.
  2. I once earned the nickname Ballerina Barbie (don't ask, and please, for the love of all that is good, don't ever call me that.)
  3. Oh yea, I used to be a dancer (ballet, clearly...see above.)
  4. I am petrified of heights
  5. I love climbing and working high ropes (clearly 4 and 5 make no sense...that's why 4 is an irrational fear.)
  6. I am also petrified of bridges
  7. I am very shy, but wish I was more outgoing.
  8. I have a yellow lab named Misha.  I secretly thing she is awesome even though I call her "the beast" and blame all disorder and chaos on her.  Shhh....don't tell
  9. I love having an excuse to get dressed up and go out with friends.  Always a good time.
  10. Back in college, my roommates and I had a traveling can of rutabagas that mysteriously appeared in random places.  My favorite was in my purse, which I discovered after I got to class that day and opened it up to find...not a pen like I was hoping....but a can of an unknown, orange, root vegetable. 
  11. I used to hate The Office....until I watched the bloopers of Season 2 with some friends, and I have been addicted ever since.
  12. I am one of those people that watch almost all the bonus features on a DVD or TV season...."The Making Of" features, gag reels, you name it.  Yep, I'm a dork.
  13. I want to move to Boston some day
  14. I still watch the TV show "ER."  Feel free to judge me.  Yes I know it's been on for way too long, and is really bizarre...but it sorta fulfills my former desire to be a doctor.
  15. I have an intense fear of drowning (even though I am a decent swimmer and used to be on a swim team).  And don't even think of dunking me unless you want me to start crying hysterically
  16. I only went to 1 high school dance....and I DO NOT regret it.  Turns out for being a former dancer, I'm....not much of a dancer.
  17. A good day to me involves a couch, a hot drink, a good book, good music, and snuggling with my dog.  Maybe a good movie to finish the day.
  18. I secretly wish I had Sarah Neel's sense of style...but don't think I could ever pull it off.
  19. My sister is my hero (awww.....)  If you haven't met her, you probably should.
  20. Flattop Grill is one of my all-time favorite restaurants.
  21. If I could do anything right now and be guaranteed I would succeed, I would want to open a residential program for young girls who have nowhere else to go....Maybe they have psychological problems, have gotten kicked out of school, their homes....Not really sure what exactly...but something along those lines.
  22. I am not a competitive person, however I become competitive whenever I am around my brother-in-law, Jon....and I tend to make lots of empty threats.  It's highly entertaining (and he usually schools me anyway).
  23. I wish I was more witty....My staff is crazy and I can never keep up with them.
  24. I have flown a plane....and it was awesome.
  25. Bring me a cup of coffee and chocolate and you are guaranteed to become my friend.